The Church of Scientology selected Roncelli, Inc. to perform renovations on their building at One Griswold Avenue at the corner of West Jefferson, across from the Detroit River and Hart Plaza.
The former Standard Federal Savings and Loan Building, built in 1930, has been completely renovated and converted into their second Michigan location. The church, founded by L. Ron Hubbard in 1953, currently has one other Michigan location in Farmington Hills.
The 55,000-square-foot, eight-story downtown building, located in the financial district, was renovated entirely along with its basement and mezzanine levels.
As the general contractor, Roncelli oversaw all aspects of renovation including interior demolition, façade repair, roofing and reconstruction of high-end interior finishes. The entrance, with ornate brass work and artistic painting, was painstakingly brought back to its original glory.